Recent Graphic Novel Deals, Early Oct 2022 | News
- Chi-Chi and Pey-Pey, by Jennifer Fosberry and Shiho Pate, two books about friendship, summer 2023, Simon Spotlight Ready-to-Read Graphics line.
- Dog Eat Doug, by Brian Anderson, four early reader graphic novels based on the comic strip, beginning fall 2023, Marble Press.
- Ghosted, by Red Dryer, magical realism MG about coping with grief, 2025, HarperAlley.
- Kindred Serpents, by Sarah Mensinga, a girl helps an elderly dragon, late 2025, Abrams.
- Prodigy, by Cyrena Lee and Julia Kuo, a Japanese American girl’s history with climbing, fall 2025, FSG.
- Red, by Cherry Zong, described as “a twisted version of Little Red Riding Hood”, 2024, Andrews McMeel.
- The Sweetness Between Us, by Sarah Winifred Searle, YA rom-com with both vampires and chronic illness, 2025, First Second.
- Wayward: Fractured Shadows, by Liza Singer, demon hunter fantasy, fall 2025, Henry Holt.
Johanna Draper Carlson has been reviewing comics for over 20 years. She manages ComicsWorthReading.com, the longest-running independent review site online that covers all genres of comic books, graphic novels, and manga. She has an MA in popular culture, studying online fandom, and was previously, among many other things, webmaster for DC Comics. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
SLJ Blog Network