Recent Graphic Novel Deals, Late Sep 2022 | News
- Big Enough, by Regina Linke, picture book based on her webcomic, due winter 2025, Little Brown.
- Drawn to Change the World, by Emma Reynolds and various artists, anthology of biographical profiles, due summer 2023, HarperCollins.
- How to Survive the End of the World: Lessons from History, by Katy Doughty, debut non-fiction, due fall 2025, Candlewick/MITeen Press.
- I Witnessed: The Great Train Robbery, by Andrea Debbink and Crystal Jayme, true crime, due winter 2025, Clarion Books.
- I Witnessed: The Lizzie Borden Story, by Jeramey Kraatz and Crystal Jayme, true crime, due fall 2024, Clarion Books.
- The Not-So Secret Love Life of Winnie Franklin, by Trisha Kelly and Jess Lome, queer contemporary romance, due fall 2024, Chronicle.
- Prince Félix and La Pluma Magia, by Kelly Fernández, queer fairy tale, due 2024, Scholastic/Graphix.
- S.C.R.A.M.: The Society of Creatures Real and Magical, by Rory Lucey, fantasy, due 2024, First Second.
- Soup, by Oliver Gerlach and Kelsi Jo Silva, fantasy cooking competition, due fall 2024, Little Bee Books.
- Speak Up Santiago, by Julio Anta and Gabi Mendez, first in the Bull Hill series, due spring 2025, Random House.
Johanna Draper Carlson has been reviewing comics for over 20 years. She manages ComicsWorthReading.com, the longest-running independent review site online that covers all genres of comic books, graphic novels, and manga. She has an MA in popular culture, studying online fandom, and was previously, among many other things, webmaster for DC Comics. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
SLJ Blog Network